Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I am Flip

When you are attempting to summarize your life, where do you begin?

This blog is just for me. I hope others enjoy visiting it, but I'm starting it just for me. This will be my online journal in my adventures to reclaim my life. A life I let slip out of my hands for a while. But now I have a grip on it. And I'm not letting go.

Flip is a nickname that I gave myself in a conversation with my younger sister when we were kids. We were trying to think of good adventurous nicknames. I've had plenty of other names, but I always liked Flip the best.

I have been a blogger since October of 2006. I have a popular niche blog about my favorite sport somewhere else in the universe. It - surprisingly - gets over 14,000 hits a month and climbing now. I won't likely ever let my two blogs meet.

I will be 30 in two months and 14 days. A few years ago, I promised myself that by my 30th birthday I would take back my life.

I have a good job with good benefits that I only sometimes enjoy. I am not married. I have a boyfriend. And a cat. I live with my younger sister.

I would like to go back to school to become a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I would like to one day get married and have children without constantly worrying about money, hiding my shame and feeling like a failure.

I am in debt. I have credit card debt, a car loan and student loans. Only my mom, my sister and my brother know this. And now you.

Debt is a prison. I believed it when I told myself that playing now and paying later would work out. I believed it when I thought clothes, an ipod, trips, or partying would make me feel better. I lied to myself. I lied to everyone. I was wrong. I blame no one else but myself. And now I am taking it back. I'm taking it all back.

I want to be the person everyone else seems to think I am. Here I go ...

No comments: